Mandate, Mission, and Priorities
Action ontarienne contre la violence faite aux femmes (Action ontarienne) was founded in 1988 by frontline workers who had identified the need for a province-wide organization. The organization comprises francophone feminist organizations working to end the oppression of women. Action ontarienne has a mandate to work to prevent violence, provide ongoing training for workers, set directions and take the initiative to establish French-language services, analyse issues and produce education and awareness materials in French, grounded in a feminist analysis of the social and community situation.
We interact with people, in all their diversity, in a spirit of compassion and openness.
We meet our individual and collective commitments, with full transparency.
We work in collaboration and partnership so as to hear a range of opinions, account for different needs and encourage mobilization.
We recognize the interdependence of women and the organizations supporting them, and we support each other mutually.
We include and involve all women without discriminating as to race, religion, ethnicity, age, social status, sexual orientation, sexual identity or gender identity.
Action ontarienne contre la violence faite aux femmes is an Ontario-wide federation of francophone feminist organizations working to eliminate violence against women.
- Through research, analysis, understanding of the issues, training and tools development, improve French-language services related to violence against women
- Facilitate collaboration among member groups and key players
- Support the development, consolidation and solidarity of French-language services related to violence against women.
In its 2016-21 strategic plan, Action ontarienne defined the four priorities that guide the organization’s decisions:
- Priority 1: Create a development and consolidation plan for French-language services related to violence against women.
- Priority 2: Take action on social and political issues, particularly issues affecting the availability of services.
- Priority 3: Get communities involved in eliminating violence against women.
- Priority 4: Consolidate Action ontarienne.
Inscrivez-vous à notre infolettre pour vous tenir au courant de nos actualités et événements.